Halloween signals the launch of a lot more sugar in your child’s diet … usually lasting through New Years. Most moms try to hold it back. But there’s so much. From school, from church, from family, and, of course, Trick or Treating. Moms are relegated to disposing of Halloween candy at night and not owning up to it the next day (sorry, the secret’s out moms), just to get it out of the house. But we’d like to suggest that there are healthier Halloween treats. Who says you can’t have fun, do it fast, and enjoy the holidays?! We say, go DIY and make it better.
TWO VIDEOS below for DIY healthier Halloween treats ⬇
This post contains affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission if you make a purchase using one of our links. Thank you!
5 DIY Healthier Halloween Treats
This video is from WhatsUpMoms and includes —
- Halloween Sandwiches: you use Halloween cookie cutters and frozen bread to make the shapes, then just peanut butter and jelly if you want to make it quick
- Banana Ghosts: a few chocolate chips and a popsicle stick, plus the banana
- Clementine Jack O’ Lanterns: small tangerines or Clementines with the stem made of a snap pea or cut celery
- Apple Mouths: an apple, small marshmallows, and peanut butter
- Scary Eggs: the taste is snot sweet for this snack, but a nice change. You’ll need hard-boiled eggs, both green (with pimento) and black olives, and some hummus. Two options: the egg is made to look like an eye with the green olive, or spider egg with the black olives
This video is from Jamie Oliver’s Family Food Channel —
- Witches Fingers: basically these are DIY trail bars shaped as fingers. You’ll need a food processor. Ingredients include cashews, walnuts, dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cacao powder, almond slivers (flaked almonds)