Tip #1: Look for Eco-Friendly Personal Care Products
A huge trend right now is making eco-friendly swap outs with your personal care products. Many now come in more recyclable packaging and are made with sustainable and responsible ingredients to help you live more naturally. Two great examples are from Tom’s of Maine.
First, its new Natural Strength Deodorant for women. This has an exclusive blend of botanicals to provide long-lasting 48-hour odor protection — all without aluminum, artificial fragrances, or petrochemicals.
And for a gentle toothpaste, check out its Activated Charcoal toothpaste. It’s the most gentle charcoal toothpaste among leading natural brands based on RDA testing (RDA stands for Relative Dentin Abrasivity). You can choose with or without fluoride as well.
Tip #2: Do Spring Cleaning For Self Care
Think of cleaning as self care – a bit of the Marie Kondo effect:
- It can reduce your stress by clearing clutter.
- Cleaning can also work up a sweat and give you exercise.
- And a clean home can help you sleep better with a de-cluttered and clean bedroom.
One new product to help is Clorox Ultra Clean Disinfecting Wipes. These are dual-sided wipes with grime-catching ridges that lift 40 percent more dirt on everything from stovetops to granite. The also have ultra-strength blue fibers which are durable, versatile, and 30 percent thicker. This means more cleaning power when you need to scrub. And they kill 99.9 percent of germs, including viruses that cause colds and flu, as well as common bacteria.
Tip #3: Reduce Household Allergens
Another benefit of cleaning your home is that you can reduce household allergens.
- You want to vacuum with a HEPA filter at least once a week
- And use a damp cloth or mop when you are dusting
If you do get allergy symptoms, you can check out Puffs Ultra Soft facial tissue. Unlike other non-lotion tissues, it has the pillowy softness your delicate nose needs. This helps you to avoid the dreaded red, irritated nose that can come with using ordinary tissues. You can find it in cubed or family-sized boxes — both are available online or at your local retailer.
Tip #4: Eat More Veggies This Spring
One of the big food trends that continues to grow this spring is meatless foods and the vegetarian lifestyle. It can be much better for the environment, and certainly has huge health and nutritional benefits.
To help busy families, here’s two new veggie-based products from Birds Eye:
- OvenRoasters Sheet Pan Vegetables which are pre-seasoned vegetables with sea salt, black pepper, and herbs that you toss in the oven for an easy 20 minutes so they come out tasty and crispy.
- And its Veggie Made Mac and Cheese in a microwaveable bag. The nutritional pasta is made with zucchini and lentils, and the cheese is real cheese. And you get a full serving of vegetables with each serving of this mac and cheese.
For a video with all this information, you can go to this segment at Coast Live.